Sunday, August 16, 2009

Oh P90X, how I've missed you.

I have yet to find P90X since my move, despite making a complete mess of my room looking for it. Former Fattie Bill Lynch (40 lbs down) was nice enough to burn me the Plyometrics DVD, and has offered to burn the rest. I am definitely going to take him up on it. A few thoughts:
  • There really is something to be said for a consistency. I blogged on and on about how I was going to work so hard to bridge the transition from being a producer living in Astoria to being a student living at home in Hempstead, but I totally failed. Doing P90X took me back to the mindset I was in when I was dropping pounds by the hour. Perhaps the bigger problem for me was not that I transitioned locations or lifestyles, it was that I also tried to switch my workout up despite having figured out what worked for me. I have too little of an attention span and give up to easily to set myself loose in the gym. And its too easy not to go. With P90X, I press play, and I just do what Tony says for an hour. No wandering. No deciding after 2 sets that I'm done.
  • I actually did better than I was expecting. I'm not saying it was easy, but I got through it. And I definitely wanted to die less than the first time I did it. 
  • It's kinda fun?
  • Triathlon in 2 weeks. From now until then, I'm going to swim, bike, or run every day, except maybe next Sunday I'll do Plyometrics again. After the triathlon, I'm going to do a full 3 month cycle of P90X. 

No comments:

Post a Comment