Friday, April 9, 2010
When Bobby and I originally spoke about starting the blog/weight loss challenge, I NEVER thought it would mean as much to me as it has. Like Bobby said in his last post, it’s been a complete life transformation – mentally, emotionally and of course physically.
It’s been almost a year since the initial contest ended, which is pretty unbelievable in itself. And guess what? Since the day that contest ended, I’ve stayed within 3 pounds of my winning weigh-in. In the past, I have never, ever lost weight and kept it off for an entire year. That’s where I believe the support system this blog created was extremely crucial. One of our main goals was to create and establish a lasting, healthy lifestyle (and look freakin’ amazing doing it), and I honestly believe we’ve done it.
Now we’ve got plates that are quite full with a lot more than low-fat/high-fiber, so the time has come to move on. I’m sad about this chapter of our lives ending, yes, without a doubt. But more than that, I am so proud of us for what we’ve accomplished and so amazingly grateful to have been able to experience and share this journey with great friends.
I’m thankful that Bobby gave me a serious run for my money all the way til the end, challenging me, pushing me, supporting me and encouraging me to be my best self. I don’t know if I’ll ever be able to express to him what an inspiration he is to me on so many planes. It’s been great having Liz along for the tail end of the ride too, to get another perspective on establishing a healthy lifestyle. She is just so beautiful, ambitious and smart. We’ve definitely learned it’s an individual process and different for everybody.
This probably isn’t the end of my blogging career. Something tells me that I’ll start up a new blog somewhere in the near future, and of course when I do, I’ll update everybody here.
Until then… stay skinny, smart, and strong. Here's to forever staying a Former Fattie.
With Fiber One, Franks Red Hot, and a whole lot of love,
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Saturday, April 3, 2010
50 Reasons I want to be Fit and Fabulous
2. Feel Fantastic at the beach
3. Feel Confident and hot on dates and around men in general
4. Feel Good in Sexy Underwear
5. No More Muffin Top
6. Bathing Suit Shopping
7. My friend Tim and Maureen’s wedding this summer- I want to wear a hot dress
8. So I never had to wear tummy tucker underwear or tights
9. Seeing people that I haven’t seen in awhile say how great I look
10. Feel good naked
11. Be Comfortable in all my clothes
12. Walk into any store and be able to shop there
13. I can eat with control and without emotion
14. Run father
15. Do the crow move in yoga (its this crazy move where you balance your entire body weight on your forearms- I came close to getting it a few times but have never conquered it)
16. Beat my time in the Triathlon
17. No longer wonder if I should apply to the biggest loser
18. When I go on job interviews I will be comfortable in my fancy clothes (when I went on my last interview the pants on my suit where too tight and I so uncomfortable, rather than thinking about the interview I was wondering if they noticed the tightness of my pants- ridiculous)
19. Think logically about food
20. To be healthy
21. When I’m a mom I want to be a super fit fun sexy mom
22. When I am out with my friends I will no longer feel like the “fat girl” but just another girl out with her friends
23. Get sick less
24. Skinny dipping
25. More energy
26. Live longer
27. Sleep Better
28. Prevents Disease
29. Skinny people make more money than fat people (I don’t agree with this of course but it’s a fact I learned on biggest loser)
30. When I get married one day dress shopping will be fantastic
31. When my friends start getting married I will not feel total fear and panic about their choices of bridesmaids dresses
32. Have control around fried or fast food
33. Eat when I’m hungry not when I’m depressed, angry, bored, happy, or drunk (eating healthy when drunk is so hard!)
34. Less Stress
35. Positive Inner dialogue
36. When I lose all my weight I want to be a success story in a magazine or website
37. To Watch the Pounds Drop
38. Motivate others to get healthy (mostly my mom)
39. Hike without getting winded
40. Enjoy my life! Live it not survive it
41. Wear sleeveless shirts
42. Next time I run a half marathon I will be quicker
43. I’m going on vacation with skinny friends this summer and I don’t want to be embarrassed about my body the whole trip.
44. To feel wonderful
45. To feel proud
46. Not feel that gross bloaty nasty feeling when I ate too much
47. Do kick ass push-ups (I hate them and avoid them at all costs)
48. Have lovely toned arms that I am proud to show off in strapless dresses
49. To wear high pencil skirts and other clothes I feel too big for
50. Accept and love my body
* I understand that some of these things on my list I can have now, such as feeling confident, proud, and fantastic, loving my body. I am working on feeling that at my current weight but I know that losing weight will definitely help me feel better about myself and love myself.