Monday, September 7, 2009

What we've accomplished.

Now that the summer of eating, drinking and celebrity death is over, I am trying to have a really positive fitness outlook. That means that I am optimistic about what I am going to achieve over the next few months, but it is probably also a good idea to acknowledge how far I've come already. Depending on the day it is safe to say that I have lost at least 40 pounds, rapidly approaching 45. I really wish that I had taken before pictures at the top, but unfortunately I basically went around detagging pictures on a daily basis back then.

I think I have preserved the same basic shape so its really easy for me to feel exactly the same as I always did, so I am trying to remind myself that I look completely different now than I did then. I wore XL shirts and 36 waist pants. Currently, about half of my shirts are mediums and half of them are smalls.

And I now write you, for the first time ever, in size 31 jeans. 31! It seems more or less absurd. I can't tell you the last time I was a 31 because I literally don't think I've ever been one. I did not think that ANYONE was anything below a 32. It feels not that long ago that I'd be trying to fit into 35s but knowing that they were really too snug. So I will admit that the first thing I thought was, "I can totally be a 30! Or lower!" And that is fine. And I look forward to rocking a sweater this Christmas that only a hot gay man can wear. And I hope that the shift of focus to working out will mean that my shape will change enough that I feel better without having to look to the numbers to tell me to.

But in the meantime, lets give it up for the Former Fatties. Katy once told me early on that this was one of her favorite things that she ever did. I agree with that more every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment