Friday, March 13, 2009

Fat chat.

TGIF shorties.

First, I'd like to address my mother's comment to me, "what is wrong with your mouth?" and let the world know that
1. I was NOT wearing a retainer in the video below (thanks mom).
2. I do not have a poop tooth.
3. My mouth looks weird because I drank 3 glasses of red wine. Okay? Okay.

Second, I feel like typing a blog. I'm having a slow day at work (shipped my project earlier this morning - yeah daddy!), and have been spending a bit of time perusing the Weight Watchers message boards.

Now, I love the boards, they (usually) answer any questions I have, and are a good source of inspiration, in a 12-step-recovering-alcoholic-let's-all-hug kind of way. But some people are so fucking uptight! Yes, I understand the rules, we can't post Points values. Whatever, that's a stupid rule, but I'm guessing it's a legal thing. (And I've learned from work this week, don't try to change the legal department's mind. You'll always lose.) Seriously, ditch the tude, ladies. Take a little 0-point fiber one and loosen up.

Anyway... yesterday, I was reading in Glamour that your body gets used to a workout after doing the same thing for 6 weeks, and it may not be as efficient. So, that freaked me out, since I pretty much always dominate on the elliptical. So yesterday, I did 2 miles on the elliptical, followed by 1 mile on the treadmill (ugh), followed my stomach exercises on the floor which I do sometimes, and then I did some arm machines. This was also fueled by my fear of losing weight only to become "skinny fat" - where you're thin, but so not toned, you were better of with a little chub. This juxtaposes my fear of becoming jacked like Jillian Michaels. I'm going to work (out) to find a happy medium.

Basically, what I'm saying, is that come Memorial Day weekend (um, in 69 days)... I want to look like Gisele.

1 comment:

  1. unfortunately Glamour is right about changing your workout routine every 6 weeks. Have you ever tried spin? You might like it, the bike reminds me of Ellipticaling for some reason. Or maybe that cybex machine, its similar to the Elliptical but different enough that it would count as changing. The good thing is you can change it for 6 weeks then go back to Elliptical for 6 more weeks and keep switching off.

    ReplyDelete