Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I don't even know what I just ate

I just know... it was amazing.

(Oh before I start, Bobby talked about instating a rule that "whammies" only count if they're blogged about within 2 days of getting them. Are we doing this, BoRo? If so, I got a double whammy today, and a double whammy yesterday, and my APs in Monday.)

At the gym, like any other minute of my life, I was planning out my next meal. I decided I wanted something with mushrooms, since I'm on a mushroom binge lately (could be worse, right?). So I stopped at the little market on my way home and got some, and decided I would use the tomato I bought yesterday and didn't use, and our plethora of other frozen veggies to make a nice Italian stir fry. Is there such thing as an Italian stir fry? There is now.

Anyway, here's what I put in it:
- A spray of PAM
- Frozen asparagus, snapped into about 2" pieces
- About 1 tsp of chopped garlic
- Frozen spinach
- Frozen broccoli that I defrosted in the microwave first
- Portabello mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 tomato, gutted and diced
- A splash of oil to get things moving
- A pinch of parsley
- Garlic salt
- Canamella seasoning (salt, garlic, black pepper, capsicum)
- A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese at the end

I basically just let it saute over medium heat as I kept throwing ingredients in. I then toasted 2 pieces of light wheat bread and drizzled EVOO on it and then put more of that Canamella seasoning on it. This is my new favorite thing on earth, it is so good.

Overall points for this meal? 4 would be generous. SERIOUSLY. (say 3 pts for the oil, 1 pt for the bread, maybe .5 for the cheese, and veggies are f-r-e-e-).

I wish I didn't inhale it as fast as wolverene, and I could have taken a picture. Besides the garlic/salt overdose I'll be experiencing any minute now, it was divine.

Few things in life make me as happy and satisfied as food does. Very few.

No comments:

Post a Comment