Tuesday, May 12, 2009

If you make me blog every day when I'm not eating that much, some posts are going to be mopey.

I'm pretty discouraged this morning. Not in terms of the bet, per se--I still hope to / plan on destroying the lovely Katy next Friday--but I think I realized this morning that no, I will not have a 6 pack by Memorial Day. In fact, I'm probably another 15 pounds away from a 6-pack. Or maybe I just need to gain a lot of muscle and lose a bit of fat. Either of those options just sound like so much...work.

I know the fact that someone who was 50 pounds overweight a year and a half ago is now taking to the internet to blog/bitch about not having a six-pack is a little ridiculous/obnoxious. I think I just feel like I keep running into people (particularly in the last week between being on LI and having my party) who are saying things like "Where did you go?!" but I'm still going to get to the beach and feel flabby.

OK. Enough moppiness. What the FF has made me realize is the importance of short, medium, and long term goals. So, here are mine:
  • Short term: I need, once again, to replace my scale. The new one broke in the exact same way as the old one. I don't know why it hasn't occurred to me sooner, but I realized while writing this post that every period that I had in which I lost a big chunk of weight I was weighing myself religiously every Sunday. There is something about weighing yourself every week that really holds you accountable. You can work to lose a half a pound or a whole pound or close to two pounds, but in just 7 days, any of those is an achievement, and a month later it really really ads up. One of my neighbors lost 60 pounds on Weight Watchers recently. She has nothing left to lose, but she still weighs herself (more than) every week. I think I should weight myself every week for the rest of my life.
  • Medium term: This is a big proclamation. Today is two months from my birthday. We've proven that lives can change in two months. On my birthday, July 12, 2009, I will have a sixpack. At the very least, visible abs. I need something ambitious but obtainable on the horizon beyond the FF finish line or I will be 205 by August.
  • Long term: I'd like to eventually find the balance where I can go out, have fun, enjoy the fruits of my labor, and yet not completely throw it all away all the time. Easier said than done. The party this weekend made me realize though that I love having parties because I have a crazy number of awesome people in my life, and I love surrounding myself with them. I would have had MORE fun had I not been completely shitfaced beyond all recollection. Only took me close to 24 years to figure this out, but better late than never.
The Former Fatties is in its most intense, down to the wire stage, but its also time to prepare for the road ahead. Any co-bloggers of mine have goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment