Monday, July 20, 2009

Katy's menu - 7/20/09

Just finished dinner and since I clocked it in at 20 points, I'm journaling it now to prevent eating anything else today.

B: 5
Multi-grain cheerios (2), blueberries (1), skim milk (2)

L: 7
Salad with carrots, celery, tomatoes, red onion (0), egg whites (0), grilled chicken (3), feta cheese (3), and yes, hot sauce for dressing (0), and an orange (1)

D: 8
Mexican polenta goulash (6), with low fat shredded cheese (2)

I made the Mexican goulash, as I call it, after trying to re-create a meal I made last week that was really a bunch of crap I had in the fridge. Of course, it wasn't as good as the original time, but still a delicious, colorful, and filling little meal. Here's what's in it:
  • 1 can of TJ's black beans
  • 1 bag (yes the whole bag) of TJ's frozen pepper strips
  • 1 cup of TJ's frozen chopped spinach
  • 1/2 can TJ's diced & fire roasted tomatoes
  • 2 cobs of corn, kernels cut off
  • 3 servings of TJ's polenta
  • 3 tsp canola oil, which I pretty much ended up draining out
  • Hot sauce to taste
  • Cumin to taste
Basically, I just put these all in a pan and cooked them, and then let it simmer for a little. It made 3.5 heaping servings, and when I put that into my Recipe Builder, it comes out the 6 points each. And, it's enough fiber to last you for days!

The bitch is back, baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment