Thursday, September 3, 2009

FF09 pt 2 - all systems go.

Bobby - congratulations! I am so proud of you and that is so amazing. That's pretty much the motivation that I need to get back on track. And by "back on track," I mean no more pad thai for lunch and supreme nachos with extra meat for dinner.

Ready to be freaked out like I just was? On December 31st, 2007 I weighed in at 168 lbs. That's 5 pounds more than Bobby - a man, who is at least 6" taller than me - weighs now. OUTRAGEOUS!!! I mean, yeah, I was fat. Since I've struggled with my weight my whole life, I've always been really self conscious about being the biggest one in the class or bigger than the boys. It's a pretty recognized fact that I don't date small guys. It's probably mostly a psychological thing having to do with my need/desire to feel small, feminine and protected. I think now is the first time in the past 5 years that I weigh less than my brothers, which to me is an accomplishment (since they are really fit guys with muscles like crazy). I remember being pretty little and my dad weighing himself (my dad's not a tall guy), and the scale read 155 and he was really bummed about it, and said he'd never want to be more than that (I disagree). For some reason, that stuck with me and I felt like if daddy should never be over 155, I should be WAY below that. Of course, that didn't happen until about 6 months ago for the first time in like, at least 7, 8, 9 years.

But now that it has, I'm determined to keep it off and keep getting healthier. Bobby, I love the idea of turning our Double-F's (Former Fatties) into a new Fall Fitness regime. I weighed in yesterday back in the 135 range (!!) and my goal is to reach 130 by my 25th birthday (December 19th). I also need to shift my focus on FITNESS since I hate working out. At least I love food (duh) so figuring out how to eat healthy was kind of a fun game. I have 0 fun working out, but I guess I need to change that mentality and just learn to enjoy it.

[ psychoanalysis complete ]

No comments:

Post a Comment