As per my discussion with Bobby this morning, we have officially committed ourselves to ANOTHER CONTEST. The idea of just getting fit for the sake of getting fit apparently wasn’t resonating with either of us, but the “sheer terror” of beating each other in a contest again is enough to light a fire under our (fat)asses.
Pretty much the same rules apply:
- Contest starts on September 15th (that’s tomorrow), and runs through December 15th.
- Whammies are valid in one month intervals only: from the 15th of the starting month to the 14th of the following month, at which point they expire.
- To up the ante, 40 whammies must be attained in the one-month period to earn the bonus of two pounds off the final weigh-in weight.
- Whammies can be acquired in two ways:
- Exercise/workout exceeding 20 minutes in length. Maximum of 2 workout whammies can be earned each day, with each workout session happening at different parts of the day (ie: 2 hours of working out straight through, unfortunately, only warrants 1 whammie)
- Getting all of your Healthy Guidelines (“HGs”) in during the course of the day. Our slightly-doctored version of Weight Watchers HGs include: 5 servings of fruits/veggies, 1 serving of dairy, 6 glasses of water, 2 teaspoons of healthy oil, 1 lean protein, and whole grains whenever possible.
- On the 1st of every month (mid-month in the competition calendar), both opponents must check in and report how many whammies they have tallied, inducing the “sheer terror” factor.
- Final whammie totals are to be reported on the 14th of every month in order to redeem the 2 bonus pounds per month off final weigh-in. (For a total of 6 possible pounds off the final weigh in)
- As per Bobby’s request, the competitor who earns the most whammies will be deemed “The Mayor of Whammieville.”
- Since I get annoyed at Bobby’s leaves of absence from the blogging world: a minimum requirement of 3 blog postings per week are required.
- If the weekly blog posting requirement is not met, 2 whammies are to be docked from the monthly whammie total. This potentially means that by neglecting this here blog you could lose up to 8 whammies a month of the necessary 40 per bonus. Sucker.
- The winner is determined based off of highest percentage of weight lost ([starting weight – final weight]/starting weight x 100)
- Just for fun, we’re going to record our measurements to see how skinny(me)/ripped(Bobby) we get.
- On October 14th, we will have a one-month check-in. The contender who has lost the greatest percentage at this point gets a $30 gift card.
- On December 15th, at the final weigh in (version 2.0), the contender who has lost the greatest percentage of weight gets a $150 cash prize (paid for by the loser).
Bobby – anything I missed?
To my friends – sorry about what this means for my social life. I’ll still come out, I’ll just be be back in the routine of making health-concious(what’s that?) choices and curbing the binge drinking...just a little.
Like they say, you gotta be in it to win it. I’m all in.