Tuesday, September 22, 2009

MISSION: Make this not a fluke.

So I made sure to eat REALLY well yesterday in preparation of my weigh in this morning. As the day went on though, I started feeling sicker and sicker, and eventually found myself unable to do Plyometrics last night. SAD.

Maybe its because I'm sick but I just weighed in at...164.0! I was glad but not bowled over, since it was just recently that I was at 163.8. It wasn't until I entered that weight into Weight Watchers dot com that I realized that I just lost 4.8 pounds in a week. WHAT!?

My first instinct is obviously that this is a fluke, but I've had what I thought were fluke weigh-ins before and ended up losing more the following week. I also feel like my sickness could be to blame (credit?) but hey, I'll take what I can get. It seems obvious, but my official goal of the week is to weight less next Tuesday than I do this one. In fact, I'll get more specific: I want to lose another 2 pounds. So I'd like to keep this weight off, and I'd like to set a new personal best. And, especially, I'd like the 150's to be within my sights. Hmm...lets make my stated goal of the first month of this contest to consistently weigh in in the 150's.

I have two major thoughts on this event:
  • Is history repeating itself? I think we all (meaning both me and Katy) remember my week 1 weigh-in of close to four pounds in the original contest. Some good that did me. It essentially awoke the sleeping dragon that is Kaitlyn.
  • I know this seems a little silly considering the entire focus of the bet, but should I be so focused on the pounds? I'm glad I got off to a good head start so I can now work on a little bit more of the slow and steady. Basically what I'm getting at is that I don't give a crap at this point how much I weigh this Christmas, but if I don't have a six-pack, I'm going to be fairly devastated. This is where exercise comes in. Good news is I'm pretty obsessed with P90X and how sore its making me right now. I am so mad that I can't work out today (since Katy told me that she heard that working out when sick is the worst thing for you...and I trust her...I...guess...) Still, I'll be OK without a few days of exercise, the important thing is that I'm really focused on fitness this time around, rather than the scale. Although GOD I want to be able to say I lost 50 pounds so...
WEEK TWO BEGINS. This is the point where we really settle into our routines, figure out what is working for us and what isn't, and hopefully find it all a little easier. Its still a long haul though, so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment