Tuesday, September 29, 2009

WEEK 2 SUMMARY - Bobby

As week two was going on, I thought I was doing pretty well. Wrong. I was sick for two days, which killed my working out and gave me a steady diet of pretzels and cheese. Friday I had Chipotle for lunch because I was just going to have salad for dinner. "Salad" became "two slices of fresh motz Bravo Pizza," a decision that ultimately cost me a whammie. Saturday night I had a delicious Italian feast from Tony's di Napoli, an impromptu meal with my sister Carolyn and Brother-In-Law Mike and my good friend Liz Kiernan (its Shout-Out-Your-Friends Day here at the FF.)


Sunday I did really well all day, but then ended up getting chicken fingers and fries at a bar when I was really done eating for the day.

This was my first dinner, chicken sausage on deli thin, served with an entire package of frozen broccoli:


Second dinner is not pictured because I ate it quicker than my phone could take a picture of it.

So week two ultimately ended up being a 1.6 pound gain. Not the end of the world, but it means that rather than being on a steady decline since the start of the rematch, I've been fluctuating around 165. Aka, I've been doing exactly as well as I have since the last challenge ended.

I think this will be a good reality check, so I'm glad it came now rather than later. This bet's shorter length has given me a sudden feeling of urgency. If I had to take a few lessons from this week they would be:

1. I used to be great at just not drinking when I went out. Instead, I now have become a just-a-drink-or-two person. That's a waste. It just leaves me a bit tired and over the weekend adds up to four metabolism-slowing drinks.
2. Use all of my points. Before going to the bar Sunday, I was so full on all of that brocolli that I decided to save one of those sausage sandwiches for breakfast the next day. An hour later I was so starving that the party was literally divided into devils and angels rooting for or against me getting chicken fingers and fries.
3. "Its OK to go a little over, I've been so good," is true, but only if you have actually been really good, and only if you are only going a little over. I don't regret the Italian feast in the least. What I do regret is the days before and after it. I probably could have compromised further by having chicken parm for an entre, but maybe salad in place of absurdly-pointy fried calamari for an appetizer.

Ahh well. I am just slightly mopey, but really just because I've lost the I-feel-and-look-so-fit feeling. Maybe its endorphins, maybe it is confidence, but I really feel much better about all aspects of life when I feel fit. So that is going to be my goal for week three: remind myself that nothing tastes as good as being fit feels.

1 comment:

  1. I love that I got a shout out! I also love this week's motto: remind myself that nothing tastes as good as being fit feels.

    How do you remind yourself of your motto throughout the week?

    ReplyDelete