Thursday, October 8, 2009

(You)Tubular

.
I gained this week and I don't know why.

Instead of a whiny post, I'm going to turn it into a positive one. Although it's disappointing to see a number you don't like on the scale, I am feeling good about quite a few things:
  • I am working out a lot more than I used to.
  • I can semi-easily run 1.5 miles on the treadmill now. Considering a year or 2 ago that I wouldn't get off the elliptical or anywhere near a treadmill, this is a really big accomplishment for me.
  • Even better: after running the 1.5 (and walking another mile to warm up/cool down), I am feeling this slight urge to do more.
  • This week I've been really good about bringing breakfast and lunch to work- saving money and calories. I've been eating a lot of veggies and fruit, and getting my dairy requirement has been a cinch. HGs every day this week!
  • Contrary to what the scale says, I feel thinner. That could also be due to the fact that I haven't done laundry in a month and all my clothes are dirty/stretched out. Okay, so, maybe not thinner, but definitely fitter.


Speaking of feeling good, I wanted to share 2 YouTube videos:
This one I found really encouraging, and the little girl is adorable and the message is so true. I don't want my unborn children to feel the way I do.



And this one, well I just have to say 1. I LOVE IT and may or may not have watched it a few times already today, and 2. Bobby, get ready for the remaking (starring you) in 2010. Plus, I love that it took place on Fire Island because that's where I spend my summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment