Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm all mushy inside (and outside).

I took some pictures of my lunch yesterday, which essentially, was a smaller-portioned meal of dinner the day before!

I was really excited to share this with the blog world, and then realized after I took the picture that it looks like I'm eating colorful, mushy dog food.




Baked sweet potato topped with black beans, hot sauce and sour cream.
And a salad (albeit a little bit soggy at that point), with cherry tomatoes, red onions, avocados, apricots and balsamic vinaigrette.

So, in a few weeks is Restaurant Week here in NYC, where some really great restaurants offer a discounted usually-3-course prix-fixe lunch and dinner menu. Seeing how I love going out to eat, I am taking mega advantage of this:
  • Wednesday: Dinner at Butter with my best girlfriends. I was between that and Barbounia, but of course, Butter won because we've heard it mentioned on Gossip Girl before. And because Kirsten said they have nice bathrooms.
  • Thursday: Lunch at Artisanal with a sweet work friend of mine. She asked me if I liked cheese, and then the decision was instantly made. They have a grilled cheese with bacon and apple on the menu, and I think that's going to be the death of me. I might just have to (intentionally) eat the pig.
  • Sunday: Dinner at Mercer Kitchen with Alex, after we go see In the Heights (as a Christmas gift from his aunt). Anyone who knows me knows my hatred for Times Square and the Theater District, so I wanted to get out of there ASAP after the show. I hate tourists, and I love SoHo. Mercer Kitchen looks fab and like a sweet date spot.
It only happens twice a year, so I really don't feel bad about indulging a bit. In fact, I'm quite excited about it. I've also decided instead of using this blog solely to bitch about being a fatty, I'm going to do some restaurant/recipe reviews - so stay tuned!

PS. Krittie over at Healthy Living (One Day at a Time) is having a VitaTops giveaway. Check out her blog and enter to win a big sampler pack. These things are seriously good.

No comments:

Post a Comment