Thursday, January 7, 2010

Re: Breakfast of Champions

I think breakfast is the rut-iest of meals, E. I've never been one to get over-excited about breakfast foods like every other person in Earth. (I'll get excited about pancakes and bacon for dinner the day you serve me chicken parmesan for bed.)

I usually eat one some variation of one of the following:
  • FiberOne + SpecialK + Low Fat/Fat Free Yogurt + A Banana if we have one. The whole thing comes in between 3 and 5 points, depending on the variables, but sweet it can be so delicious. If the yogurt is cherry it can end up tasting like an amazing iced cream cone (this may be because Cherry Garcia is my fave iced cream flavor. Is it "iced" cream? Help me out here commentors.)
  • Egg whites on a sandwich flat. Only two points!
  • Usually I'm in a hurry and end up taking a FiberOne bar or almonds and a piece of fruit. Both are scrumptious and nutritious in their own way.
My bigger problem with breakfast lately is that on a day when I don't work until later, I stay in bed in the morning and don't end up eating till hours after I actually wake up. Not good (but I'm doing that right this second.)

Keep it up with the smoothie attempts, Liz. Let us know how they turn out! And thanks for reminding me about the genius that is peanut butter for breakfast. I'm going to have it today if I ever actually get out of bed.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a big fan of breakfast either. I've been eating a lot of oatmeal and fruit lately though. It really does seem to give me more energy for the day. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete