Saturday, February 13, 2010

Am I a Drama Queen?

This week I felt like the I lost it. I lost my drive, my determination, and any speck of will power. I didn't track what I ate and I skipped the gym. I felt like I gained 2398490328pounds and I just felt like a fell in a pit of fat and darkness. Needless to say I was less than thrilled to get on the scale for my weekly weight-in and...
I lost 1/2 a pound?!
I thought nope, no way no how, that cannot be right. I stepped on and off the scale a few times to make sure but it was a fact. I lost 1/2 a pound. All I kept thinking was HOW? I was so sure I gained 2398490328pounds but I was wrong I lost weight. How did that happen? I've come up with some theories:
  • My binges, while they still happen from time to time, are not that bad. This week I overate pretzels, glueten-free cookies, and oatmeal raisin cookies. In the past I would have ate fast food, brownies, and pizza. The fact that I did not totally retreat to my past behaviors is a success.
  • When I was recalling my workouts I felt like I totally dropped the ball but I was wrong. I went to the gym four days this week. I only skipped Wednesday during the crazy blizzard. Not bad at all.
  • I had my period which made me feel bloated and emotional. I think I mistook that for feeling fat and gross. Next month I'll try to be more logical.
This week I will plan what I eat, tack for seven days, and stay positive.
Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment