Saturday, February 6, 2010

Celebrating.

.
I'm back in Brooklyn for the weekend before going back to Lancaster to start shooting (film... not heroine, in case my last post left anyone confused).

Last night, our good friends Kirsten & Matt got MARRIED up in Connecticut! Their actual big wedding is in October, but they decided to move their official ceremony up. Afterwards, some of their close friends & family went to dinner at a cutie restaurant in Fairfield CT. Matt and Kir are vegetarian, so they had 2 veg/healthy options to pick from (and other carnivorous choices also). I started with a salad, and then the pasta primavera (ate all the veggies and 1/2 the pasta) and then a ridicccc brownie sundae that I'm not even upset about. SO GOOD.

(Aside, I also ate some of Alex's M&Ms on the train ride up there, so while I survived Thursday nights absurd breakdown, I certainly did get my fix in the end.)

After dinner, we went to a local bar and after consuming 5 glasses of red wine at the restaurant I decided it would be a good idea to move on to vodka Red Bull. Hmmm, no, I have no idea why I feel like garbage today.

But it doesn't matter, because I had a great time and was so happy to be there and share that moment with Matt and Kir. MARRIED!! I can't believe it. It was a really fun night and I'm so excited for their lives together to officially begin (and it's official now, her name is changed on Facebook).

Tonight I'm probably going to take it easy, since I feel like my large intestine is about to fall out of me. Tomorrow is the Super Bowl and to me that means ONION DIP!! I will probably partake in that with Nikki & some commercial watching too.

After it all, and in line with Bobby's post, I'm realizing that most things in life are about finding the right balance. For me, that balance is never going to be eliminating sweets or depriving myself of something I really want (in any way). It's making good, smart choices whenever you can, and allowing yourself to enjoy the sweet stuff too.

No comments:

Post a Comment