Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snowed in & making my move.

.
I kind of wish I could make the same claim as Bobby, about not drinking at all. Hmmm not so much. For some reason, when I'm away for work and at client dinners (or just long shoot days), I find myself having at least 1 cocktail at dinner. Fortunately, I think the most I've drank since being here for the past week is 2 cocktails a night. That's not awful, right? Isn't a glass of red wine a day supposed to keep me from getting heart disease or something?

I had intentions of exercising today when we got back to the hotel. However, after coming in from snow drifts as tall as me and seeing the lobby/restaurant completely full of hotel patrons, I aborted that mission. Sat down, and got myself a Manhattan, with Makers Mark. Umm hey, I can't drink those like my 6' Nordic man of a client can. It took me about an hour to drink one. One. And after 3 sips, I felt it. DO YOU KNOW ME? That's not me. Then I waited an hour and a half for my mediocre salad while watching all the hotel workers try to fend off impending panic attacks as they scurried around to feed all of us.

Anyway, I feel like my life is really boring in PA and that's why I haven't been blogging.

But!! I do have something to mention. And I've been hesitant to blog about it because once I say it here, I know I have to do it. However, I had an idea this weekend and I think I'm gonna make it a reality, so...

I'm going to do a 5K!!!

This is a BIG deal for me, since I never have run outside and the, like, one time I tried I wasn't able to go for more than 30 seconds. However, as we all know, I'm goal oriented and I think this will be a fun one. It's not THAT far, right? I've always wanted to be a runner. Plus, I talked to Bobby about it and he's into it, and he's good at motivating me to make good choices these days. Liz, since you eat 5Ks for breakfast, would you like to join us? I'm thinking I'll do it sometime around Memorial Day, maybe June, and probably on Long Island since people in the city are just way too intense... about everything.

So now I have to create some sort of training plan! I will probably have my college roommate Kaitlyn help me since she's like an insane runner and does triathalons and marathons pretty much on a daily basis. But if anyone else has tips, let me know! Since it's still winter out (obviously, hello snow), I'm going to focus first on increasing my endurance on the treadmill. (Yesterday I did 2.5 miles on the treadmill - 1.5 miles running at speed 6.0, 1 mile walking at speed 4.0, in intervals). For me, that's pretty good, but I know I've got my work cut out for me.


1 comment:

  1. Yayyyy! You can definitely do a 5k!! Once you start running outside, you will never want to go back inside!

    ReplyDelete