Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nutrition Consult

Last night, I came home from the gym and had a phone consultation with my friend Kirsten who is training to be a nutrition counselor. When she asked if I would be interested in having a consultation I just about died of excitement. I had to fill out a questionare about my weight, habits, things I eat, etc. Although Kirsten hasn''t studied Weight Watchers in her program, she said that I really seem to be eating well. It was really encouraging to hear, especially my bad eating habits are what got me to be heavy in the first place.

One interesting thing that she mentioned was a "90/10" rule that they talk about at her school. 90% of the time, eat what you think/know you SHOULD eat. The other 10%, eat what you WANT to eat. For example, if you want a piece of chocolate... allow yourself to eat it. I know WW has a similar process - it's just interesting to think of it in terms of a ratio. For example, then, of my 22 points a day, I figure I should spend 20 on things I "should" eat (HGs!), and 2 for a treat that I want. Or... I get 189 points a week (including my 35 extra) - so that means 170 for healthy foods, and 19 for bagels, Taco Bell, and alcohol. It's nice, grounding perspective!

Everyone should check out Kirsten's website, she is a great friend and going to be an amazing nutritional counselor!

I think I should get back into blogging my meals on this site, to keep me accountable. I haven't gotten my HGs in FOREVER, but I've been doing well at the gym. My total count for gym days is 18 days (at least, I am doing bad keeping track) and 8 days of HGs. That means I am up to 1 bonus pound taken off my final weigh in! SUCK IT TREBECK.

Yesterdays menu-
.5c 2% cottage cheese, 1c berries, 2/3c peanut butter Puffins cereal - 5 pts

Lettuce (I'm not calling it salad), with .5c chick peas, and 1c of this roasted veggie salad - 5 pts (generous guess)
1pt wrap with Laughing Cow Cheese, hummus, lettuce and tomato - 4 pts

2pt cupcake that Alex made me for our anniversary - 2 pts
Diet Coke - 0 pts

1/2 roasted butternut squash with 1 tbsp light whipped butter and light maple syrup, salt and pepper - 7.5 pts

Total points: 23.5 / 22

1 comment:

  1. yay, thanks for the shout out ! :)
    I just read the whole blog and I love it. You guys are doing awesome ! Also I love all the video's especially the dancing one.
    I want to meet this Bobby Rowe, you are so funny !

    - kir