Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Katy's menu - 7/27/09

Sometimes, I think to keep me in the land of the living after weekends like this past, the clouds part and a little light from heaven shines down on me when I step on the scale on Tuesday mornings. By the grace of God, Lord, our Saviour Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost, I weighed in this morning at 136.6. That's 1.4 pounds less than last week, and, an all time low.

I'm not going to think of it as a fluke, because I did work hard at eating right for the better part of the week. I'm also not going to take advantage, and think that means I can eat 120-something points every weekend and still lose weight. Either way, it was great to see a loss and really motivating towards my mini-goal of hitting 135 by my vacation (August 7).

Yesterday: 19 out of 20 points, plus a workout at the gym.
B: 5
TJ's Raisin Bran aka horse oats with shriveled berries (3), skim milk (2)

L: 5
Salad from Cafe Metro, with tomatoes (0), mushrooms (0), red onions (0), beets (0), grilled chicken (2), egg whites (0), kidney beans (2), and vinegar (0)
An orange (1)

D: 9
Homemade mac and cheese (6) with broccoli (0)
Applesauce (1)
Pita chips and hot sauce, late night (2)

I made the macaroni and cheese myself (2 servings at 6 pts each):
4 oz of whole wheat rotini pasta
3 wedges of Laughing Cow, melted in a pot with
1/2 cup skim milk
salt, pepper, and a dash of cumin
2 cups of brocoli, steamed
2 tbsp of grated cheese on top

Basically, melt/make/mix the sauce and then once the pasta's cooked and the broccoli steamed, mix it all together. Easy breezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment