Thursday, August 20, 2009

Katy's bucket list of consumption

In lieu of blogging everything I ate and analyzing every last point out of every last bite, right now I feel like doing one of my favorite things... making a list!

There are so many great restaurants, bars and food shops in my area of Brooklyn, that I often become so overwhelmed that I can't even remember the places I want to try. So here, I will list them.

(Warning: almost none of these choices are diet-friendly, and I'm okay with that.)

  • Have a picnic in the park with food from BKLYN Larder, since I had their BLT a few weeks ago and I'm not exaggerating when I say it is one of the greatest things I have ever tasted.
  • Enjoy a big, delicious ice cream cone from Blue Marble on Atlantic (and not feel bad about it).
  • Go to Toby's down in South Slope, right by Alex, for some seemingly delicious brick oven pizza and a beer.
  • Try Beer Table, even though I'm not sure what it is exactly, because Liz recommended it and Alex said it looked cool.
  • Get to Red Mango and try their yogurt, since I have a feeling it'll be something I love ,and it's guilt-free. Also conveniently located right around the corner from the gym (if I ever decide to go again).
  • Flashback to 2006, my glory days that were spent in Sydney, and visit Sheep Station, an Australian Pub.
  • Satisfy my unexplained urge that I've had for a while to try Ethiopian food, and finally go to Ghenet, appropriately labeled "where angels eat."
  • In the city, Momofuku has something called a milk bar, which I think might include ice cream, and they have a flavor called "cereal milk." Since I love my cereal milk at breakfast time, I want to try this. I also like this place because it sounds like Mama Fuoco.
  • Speaking of bars, gotta get to WingBar for some finger-lickin' good times. I saw it written up in TONY, and then DZ had good things to say. And blue cheese + hot sauce = heaven.
  • And, what I think will definitely be happening sooner rather than later: Bark Hot Dogs, which just opened on my street and has been calling out to me since before they even opened.

That's all I can think of right now, but I will be sure to add to this list from time to time. Anybody have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment