Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Oh yea, remember the Former Fatties?

.
Hello faithful readers! Let's hope we haven't lost too many of you in our absense.

A lot has happened since we last blogged. Our Month 1 challenge ended on Thursday. I won after getting down to 162.8 (or was it 162.6? .4? Katy? I couldn't enter it into WW.com because it wasn't my weigh-in day.) Katy and I agreed to adjust the parameters of our contest. Katy will give you in more detail, but it essentially amounts to us starting fresh. That way our goals (by percentage) are much more in line with one another.

Today I weighed in at 163.6 (.8? Seriously what is wrong with my brain? Whatever it was, I DID enter it online, so 'tsal good.) That is a bit up from Thursday, but I'm honestly still really stoked about it. I think it is just part of the ebb and flow of the week. I am still down 1.8 lbs from a week ago, even though my weekend eating was just all over the map. I was particularly worried after yesterday, when I abandoned my Monday ritual of eating to perfection in favor of a Taco Bell lunch (yum) and a birthday dinner of beer and absolutely perfect wings at Mad for Chicken in honor of my world famous roommate Craig.

Perhaps the biggest news (at least what I am most excited about) is that I ordered the INSANITY workout. It is from Beachbody, the same company as P90X. I feel a litle bit like I am betraying my beloved P90X, but I think that after I finish Insanity, I will mix the two together so that I never get bored.

Insanity is similar in setup to the X, but it is almost entirely based off of Plyometrics and core work. Since Plyometrics and Core Synergistics are my favorite workouts, I think this may be more my syle. I feel like a champion after finishing them, never like a slacker, and I feel incredible the next day. With some of the other, more weight based workouts, I stop early in each move because I find them to be too much for me, but then when the workout is over I think that it is too easy. I think to do it right I'd need a much bigger variety of weights than I have; they are always too light or too heavy.

INSANITY uses no weights, and you essentially never stop moving. I think that will mean that it will make me more toned than jacked, but with these last few pounds to lose, that is probably perfect. I am obviosly terrified, but also excited to the point where I've been spending every free moment reading about people's experiences with it. It is so new that there is very little coverage of anyone's full journey, but the most indepth guy I found took the Fit Test (aka not even really a workout) and puked. He puked! Is it wrong that that made me even more excited to try it?

Someone else described it as taking P90X's Plyometrics workout, making it twice as hard, and doing it 6 days a week.

Here is the insanity trailer. My favorite moment is the woman in the background who sounds like she is being subjected to some sort of midieval torture device.



OK that was a really long post, but one more thing: Katy and I are having dinner tonight! I am even more excited for that then I am for INSANITY. I think it will be great to be able to talk and get our heads on straight, but mostly it us just going to be great to spend some time with a wonderful friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment