Thursday, November 5, 2009

Movement, finally.

.
Yesterday I weighed in at 161.0! I told myself that this morning I could not weigh any more than 161.x. Today? 160.6!

Insanity really has changed everything. It has given me a routine (every day I come home, drink my protein, chill for maybe 15 minutes, and then GO FOR IT.) Part of that routine is also that, so far, I've yet to screw up my eating. I know you aren't supposed to weigh in as much as I have been, but honestly it is helping me - I know where I am each day and refuse to go anywhere but down.

Regardless of the scale though, the change I see/feel in my body is way more than I could have hoped for. I did the fit test on Monday and a very intense workout on Tuesday, and yesterday I spent the day being told that I look trim, slim, and fit. Two different people opted out of picking an adjective and instead just made a "V" in the air with their hands. My goal has always been 155 lbs, and while I think I probably still have more than 5 pounds of fat to take care of, I do feel like I am so close, and working so hard, the finish line is in sight.

The workouts themselves are damn near impossible, and that is completely perfect. In order for your body to change, you have to push it to the edge of what it can do. I am completely drenched in sweat by the time the warmup is over. That is no exaggeration. The genius of it is really the pacing. Any given exercise seems unbearable, but you know it will be over in 30 seconds. You want to quit but then you see the counter saying there is only 2 minutes left in that set. So what if you are just going to do it all over again by the time you sip your water, you can make it two minutes. And then in the end, it is over SO quickly, but not in a disappointing way. It's more of an "I am so hardcore but also I am going to collapse" kind of way.

And this is the "easy" month.

No comments:

Post a Comment