Saturday, January 30, 2010

And just like that, Former Fattie February began.

It is crazy to me how much one workout can change my mindset.

I woke up early on this Saturday morning to go to Planet Finess with my P90X on my phone. My college roommate and sometime gym buddy (and Liz's cousin!) Will and I have decided to commit to doing the strength days of P90X on Saturdays, Mondays, and Wednesdays. I'm going to intersperse Insanity, since I think it is a much more fun and challenging workout than P90X's non-strength workouts. In theory I'm going to do an adjusted version of P90X "Doubles" in months two and three. To me, that means doing Insanity 6 Days a week in addition to P90X strength workouts at the gym 3 days a week. That leaves one day completely workout free. Both P90X and Insanity have built in "recovery" weeks every four weeks, so I'm already looking forward to those.

I'll admit it was a bit of an adjustment doing P90x at the gym, particularly since someone was using the assisted-pullup machine most of the first half. I subbed the back pulldown machine for that and I think it was totally better than what I would have done at home...done three pullups and then just stood around waiting for the next workout. Eventually the assisted-pullup machine freed up. That thing is so fun, especially since it makes me feel SO STRONG!

After I work out really hard, I always do much better nutritionally. Today is no exception. I am in the IMAX theatre waiting for Avatar to start (I am blogging this with 3D glasses on. The words are popping out.) I smuggled in a pouch of peanuts and raisins (3 pts.) a bottle of water and a FiberOne bar (2 pts.)

I was worried about today's eating but not tomorrow's...so I guess I'm not screwing up between now and February. And February is going to be amazing.

Here we go kids.

1 comment:

  1. YAAAAAAY!!! Feeling Good February!! Let's do it! Love you!

    P.S. Today I went out to lunch with my dad, uncle, and cuz to my FAVORITE burger place. Burgers and fries = my weakness. Except today! I didn't want the burger and was able to resist temptations. I got a yummy grilled chicken salad with cheese and walnuts and took half of the salad home with me. Hoorrray Healthy Choices!!

    ReplyDelete