Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Bad Night's Sleep = Bingy-ness

Last night I just could not sleep. I stayed up too late watching an episode of Biggest Loser (that I did not like too much drama, not enough about weight loss) and afterwards I could not sleep. I tossed and turned, woke up a few times, and could not get comfy. We've all had those nights, right?

Well last night effected my entire day today:
  • When I went to the gym I felt so sluggish. I usually would workout with my trainer, take a spin class, and do a few ab exercises. My workout usually lasts about 2hrs. Today I worked out with my trainer than rode a bike for a few minutes and left after 45minutes.
  • I was pissy and irritable. At one point in the day I wondered if my time of the month - its not. I snapped at my family members when all they were doing was asking how my day was. Bad daughter.
  • Lastly all I wanted to was EAT EAT EAT EAT EAT! For the past few days I have been in awesome control. I was easily making healthy food choices, following the healthy guidelines, and eating lots of yummy fruits and veggies. However today I felt bingy all day long.
Bingy is an overwhleming feeling of wanting to eat anything and everything as quickly as possible. It's a way I self medicate so I don't have to feel whatever unpleasant feelings I may be experiencing. Today I wanted to cover my feelings of tiredness with fullness. However that would have made me feel worse in the long run.

I was able to fight the bingy-ness for most of the day. I ended up only going over my points by 3 so not bad at all. I just wish I could have snapped out of it. At least now I'm aware of it and hopefully in the future I will be able to ward of the bingy-ness and allow myself to feel whatever it is I am feeling.

2 comments:

  1. hope you get soem good sleep soon
    so you feel better

    ReplyDelete
  2. 45 mins of exercise is still more than 99% of americans get each day, you should still be proud of that! :D

    ReplyDelete